Sunday, April 29, 2007

Jackson update & springtime fun

Hi all,
First off Jackson is doing just fine! He managed to pass the pieces of tarp string without needing surgery and was perky and back to his normal self within a few days. He's starting to put some weight back on that he lost too.

The puppies have discovered the wonderful art of digging and have been going to town with the holes in the dogyard. I tell you, these are the most impressive holes I have ever seen! Emma could completely get inside one and hide, they're so big and deep! =)

Meanwhile about a week or so ago I decided to hook up the 4 pups with the 12 race adults into one 16 dog string - the same string I'll be training in the fall. Up until then I had only been running 12 dogs on the ATV at a time. All I'll say is I'm going to have a hell of a team next year, and a hell of a time controlling 16 dogs by myself on the ATV. Here's hoping I find a handler to assist me...otherwise there are going to be LOTS of new adventure stories for the website, haha!

I finally got around to updating a lot of my website with new photos, so be sure to check out the dog pages.

Until next time...

-Jaye

No comments: